If you’re a smartphone owner, the continuous flash of ‘software prompt’ may have impelled you to hurriedly update your phone to the latest version, so you could use the latest functions. The same happens with your Roku device.
Though the Roku streaming devices are programmed for auto-download and auto-installation of the latest version, what if it faces bugs? If your Roku device undergoes a software update problem, then either your internet connection is weak or your Roku device is not connected properly. In this case, you need to check either of them.
There could be another possibility that your Roku device is temporarily unresponsive. In that case, wait for a few minutes and try again. If Roku is aware of this outage, an alert displays on the top of Roku Activation link site and try after sometime when the outage is over.
If there is no such error and you still face the error message, then perform as instructed below in different situations.
- Have you checked your internet connection with Roku device? Selecting the wrong wireless network also causes update failure. Make sure that your device is connected to correct network.
- Check if your router is working properly. You can check the status of your internet connection by connecting your computer or mobile device to the router.
- Is your wireless signal strong enough? Despite all the factors are doing good like correct password entered or your router is accessible by other devices and software fails to update, then the problem lies in the strength of your signal. The farther your Roku device, the weaker your signal strength. To avoid such scenario, try to keep the device and router closer with no such obstacles in between.
- Lastly, if everything fails, try restarting your Roku device, TV and router.
- To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart. To restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart. You can also unplug the Rokudevice from the main outlet and then plug it back.
- For the router, do as instructed by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). In other cases, you can unplug and plug it back or simply press a reset button on your device.
These were some of the troublesome situations mentioned with their solutions. Follow them rightly, grab a bucket of cheese popcorn and enjoy a full series of Sherlock Holmes with zero buffering!